Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ubuntu

Ubuntu

For about a month now, I’m running Ubuntu on my 1GB ram desktop. I really like it, except for some useability issues. My sound is bugged as hell, I’ve googled hundreds of times, never found a working solution. Really, it’s fucked up. When I play multiple tracks in Tuxguitar it starts acting very strange, and I then get a horning sound. Sound at youtube is bad, it jumps a lot and strange sounds get mixed in.. But that might also be an issue of the other problem : flash. Installing a new Adobe flash version doesn’t work, Swfdec is bugged as hell, and you can’t fucking uninstall it without removing GNOME. Really, I like ubuntu, but sometimes I really wonder why I left Windows XP for Ubuntu. For hard-core geeks it might be good. Who needs flash after all, and sound ain’t important, is it? But for a bit more mainstream users, and for mainstream users to use Ubuntu, it is one of those important things. Without such things fixed less people will go to Ubuntu or any linux version, as not-geeks might not understand how linux-distro’s work. I think these are things that really have to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment